Daily CURRENT AFFAIRS (24 APRIL 2019)
We collect Daily Current Affairs For You. 24 April 2019 Don’t Take Tension to Read News Paper Daily Current Affairs We are here to Collect NEWS for You. Book Mark our Site Now to get Instant Update.
Panchayat Raj Day
- Panchayati Raj National Day is the Panchayati Raj National Day in India, which is celebrated on 24 April annually by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj. In 2010 there was the first National Panchayati Raj Day.
- Back The Indian Constitution acknowledges Panchayats as’ self-governing institutions.’
- This day marks the adoption, with effect from 24 April 1993, of the Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act of 1992.· A new PartIX, covering Article 243 to 243(O), is added to the 73rd Amendment 1992; and a new 11th Schedule, which includes 29 subjects within Panchayat functions;
Important Short News
- As early as March 2019, the United Nations owes India 38 million dollars, which is the highest payable in any country for peacekeeping. For active peacekeeping missions the total amount payable to soldiers and policemen was USD 265 million. The UN has 38 million dollars to India, followed by Rwanda (31 million dollars), Pakistan (28 million dollars), Bangladesh (25 million dollars) and Nepal (23 million dollars).
- The National Cardiology Conference 2019 in Sanjay Gandhi Post l Graduate Institute of Medical Sciences was launched by Vice President Venkaiah Naidu in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh. The 3-day conference was organized by the Department of Cardiology and delivered on the latest subjects of interventional cardiology and cutting-edge technology by leading national and international experts from Europe, the USA, Japan, Singapore, Korea, etc.
- In order to reinforce Indo-French relations, India was named a guest of honor in Paris Livre (Paris Book Fair) in 2020. At the World Book Fair in New Delhi (NDWBF) in 2022 France will be guest country. The nodal agency– the National Book Trust (NBT) announced the announcement. In the joint statement signed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and French President Emmanuel Macron on his visit to India in Mar 2018 it was declared that India was a guest country.
- Nepal-India Franchise Investment Expo and Conclave will be held in Kathmandufrom May 15 to 16. The event primarily focuses on building the relations between India and Nepal throughentrepreneurship development. The conclave is organised by Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce &
Industry (FNCCI) in association with
Embassy of India and Franchise India.
- To alleviate the challenges and
sufferings of some of the critically
injured Afghan National Army (ANA)
soldiers, HE Shri Vinay Kumar,
Ambassador of India presented 100
motorized wheelchairs to the ANA.
India also remains committed to
extending medical relief and
assistance to the ANA personnel.
Till date, Indian Army has also trained
4880 ANA personnel
National & International News
Pratt & Whitney engines issues
A Notice to the Chief Operating Officer and Head of Engineering of IndiGo on the issues surrounding Pratt & Whitney Engines Aviation Regulatory Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) was issued to the budget carrier. Two of these motors have experienced problems since their induction into the fleet three years ago. IndiGo and GoAir, Indian carriers with Pratt & Whitney-powered Airbus A320 Neo-Air. − A specific security audit of operations and engineering of the airline is conducted by DGCA.
Press FreedomPrize 2019
UNESCO / Guillermo 2019 Reuters Reporters Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo receive a Press Freedom Prize. 2019. Both Wa Lone and Kyaw Soe Oo worked hard for a career in journalism, which in the junta era was impossible. Total Jury acknowledged their extraordinary courage in reporting alleged violations of human rights in Rakhine state of Myanmar. BEFORE Their documentary about the taboo subject of Rohingyas crimes ended behind the shelters. The 2019 Press Freedom Prize recognizes their courage, resistance and freedom of expression commitment.
T-90 tanks for Indian Army
The Govt of India (GoI) has cleared Rs 13500 crore of 464 T-90 tanks for the Russian Indian Army. The Armored Force, deployed along the Pakistan border, would be provided with T-90 tanks. § Contract include an integration element for Indian heavy vehicle integration at Avadi near Chennai’s heavy vehicles factory. T-90 was supposed to be equipped with a night sight thermal imaging so that the tank commander could strike enemy places in night fighting.· The new inductions reinforce the firepower of the Army along Pakistan’s land border, from Jammu in the north to Gujarat on the west flanken.• Building theT-90s in the military up nearly 2,000 alone
25% stake in Reliance Industries
Saudi Aramco is in the process of acquiring an interest of 25% in the Reliance Industry refining and petrochemical companies, a Saudi Arabian national petroleum and natural gas company. –There is no comment on the matter, however, by both Aramco and Reliance. AT This sale of RIL would reach approximately $10-15 billion, valuing the refining and petrochemical companies of Reliance for approximately US $55-60 trillion. T he Industries Reliance, controlled by Ambani Mukesh, is India’s largest petrochemical and refining company. Reliance operates in Jamnagar, West India, with 1.4 million barrels per day (bpd). Building capacity to expand to 2 million bpd by 2030
Kepler 47 system
The third planet of a two-star system, Kepler-47, which is 7 times the size of the earth, has been discovered by a team of researchers headed by the San Diego State University. Kepler-47d, a puffy(NOW) Planet that lies 3.340 light-years from Earth. Kepler-47 is a roughly 3.5 billion year old system team that used the Kepler Space Telescope NASA used to find the planet Neptune-to-Saturnsize that is orbiting between two planets.
Smaller Wetlands In The Coastal Region
CERMI and the ISRO have both signed a MoU to map, validate and protect smaller coastal wetlands and reinstate them via coastal livelihood programmes. The Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI and ISRO) Smaller wetlands cover more than 5 lakh hectares across the country with Kerala on its own covering as many as 2.592 such wetlands (which have been smaller than 2.25 hectares). • A mobile app will be developed as well as a centralized web portal with a complete country wetlands database of less than 2,25 hectares. A mobile application will be used for wetland surveillance in real time and to provide stakeholders with advice
Cologne Boxing World Cup 2019
India has completed its campaign with five medals at the 2019 Cologne Boxing World Cup. • Towards the 2019 Cologne Boxing World Cup in Cologne, Germany. Kumari Maisnam (54 kg) won India’s only tournament gold medal. Sakshi (57 Kg) and Pwilao Basumatary (64 Kg) Open Gold Medalist, Indians lost their final blow to silver. After losing their half-final matches, Pinki Rani (51 Kg) and Parveen (60 Kg) won bronze medals. The Cologne Boxing World Cup has been attended by more than 20 countries and 160 boxers in 7 women’s weight classes and 10 men’s weight classes. T he International Event is one of the strongest
Sunderban National Park
· The National Park of Sundarbans is a National Park, Tiger’s Reserve, and West Bengal, India’s Biosphere Reserve. • A National Park has been declared on 4 May 1984. — A site inscribed in 1987 as a UNESCO World Heritage site.· A World Biosphere Reserve Network (Man and Biosphere Reserve) from 2001 is considered to be a.